When this yacht was purchased by her current owner, she needed quite a bit of work doing. One of those tasks was to replace the worn out teak decking that was also contributing to water leaks in the cabins.
We had to remove the old teak, carefully remove the hundreds of screws holding it in, seal up those screws and make good the old deck first. It was critical at this stage to ensure we had addressed all the leaks before we laid the new synthetic teak. Although the synthetic would provide a single, sealed, waterproof layer, finding a leak after fitting could cause challenges in locating it.
Happy that we'd made the deck good we built and fitted the new synthetic teak and replaced some of the deck gear with more modern items at the same time (tracks, cleats and other small items).